The G&E Effect


I learned today, that “Eleanor” is a type of Mustang. A pretty famous Ford car.  Eleanor is the only Ford Mustang to receive star title credits in a movie from the movie “Gone in 60 Seconds”

Eleanor... to me, has quite a different meaning.  I have a beloved cousin Eleanor, we called her Ellie,  she is greatly missed, as she passed WAY to early.  Ellie was named after Eleanor, her grandmother, my grandmother.

For me “Gramma” was one half of what I had the privilege to be raised with, “The G&E Effect” – more clearly, the “Gertrude and Eleanor Effect.”  The effect these two lovely ladies had on me cannot be truly put to words.  “Gertie” as she was called had an endless servant’s spirit, an unquenchable work ethic, in which she worked for others, not herself.  “Eleanor” was the epitome of love, unconditional love, Agape love. Always with arms wide open, always giving when she literally had nothing to give.

Gertie and Eleanor, “The G&E Effect”... who is your Gertie? Who is your Eleanor? Who has/had the “G&E Effect” on you? Who has poured into you, mentored you, showed you The Way?

Have you told them?

Sadly, I never had a chance to tell “Gertie” and “Eleanor”, Grandma and Gramma, the effect they had on me, they passed before I even realized the indelible imprint they had made.

So, one of the reasons one is able to #BeAsBuilt, is because of the experiences and the people in in one’s life. 

If you have not, I ask that you ponder, who is your G&E? How had the “G&E Effect” on you? Let them know.  Please? Let them know. 

Comments

Popular Posts