As an Educator, I am a Leader: Intro


How can I use this content to increase my academic influence?

As an Educator, I am a Leader:

Intro

It has been said, “Give each of them what is best for each” (Matthews, 1994). An educator’s goal is to enable a student to gain something unpossessed before entering the educator’s space.  Our understanding and employment of leadership principles can do just that.  With increased understanding of leadership, comes increased potential to influence.  As educators and as leaders, our goal is to influence.  Let us consider the following series of posts with a critical, self-evaluation, vulnerable, growth-focused eye.

As to leverage technology, the internet and include not only academics but also the general population in the criticism of leadership as an educator, this blog series has been used to capture and ponder leadership theory as to become better educators, better influencers.  As to bring content to a larger audience and create opportunities for all levels of the leadership/followership to weigh in on experiences with/as leaders, as educators, as influencers.
The below theories will be addressed:
Situational Leadership
Contingency Leadership
Transformational Leadership
Authentic Leadership Theory (ALT)
Leader-Member Exchange Theory (LMX)
Path-Goal Leadership
Team Leadership


Questions similar to below will be posited as to encourage self-evaluation and critical thought.  There are no correct/incorrect answers, only opportunities for self-reflection & growth.


How can I use this content to influence my academic practice?
Why do I tend to prefer a particular style?
Why do particular characteristics tend to arise in my journey to influence?
How can I capitalize on the dichotomies of the theories?
Why do I see myself in particular leadership scenarios?



Thank you for what you do and happy pondering!



Ricky Higby, M.A. Ed.

#BeAsBuilt





``````````````````````````````````
Reference

Matthews, C. (1994).  The Little Book of Celtic Blessings.  Element.

Comments

Popular Posts